Saturday, October 23, 2021

Fall Feelings!

 The weather has certainly turned cooler here in Illinois and the leaves are begining to show colors. I’m Melissa and while I was sitting outside yesterday I was suddenly inspired to create something using the beautiful fall colors. Fall is a lovely time of year but it means that cold weather is coming way to soon. brrrrr Let’s enjoy the fall while it lasts!

I started by choosing Light Yellow discount card, Curious Metallic Poison Ivory, and from the Stardream Metallic package Copper.

Using this beautiful 3D leaf embossing folder with Curious Metallic Poison Ivory card and my die cut machine I got these amazing 3D results. The dimension in this is fabulous.

Of course, I had to ink up the embossed image for additional color. I used a blend of Ranger Distressed Fossilized Amber, Distress Ink Gathered Twigs, and Distress Ink Fired brick. I used only one applicator because I wanted to colors to blend with each other.

Once I had the color applied I went ahead and trimmed up the edges and created two separate mat layers using Stardream Metallic Copper and Curious Metallic Poison Ivory card. I like a double matted card especially when wanting to bring out colors.

As you get to know me better you will notice I have a little addiction to dies, so I grabbed a few leaf dies to cut out and use as card embellishments. I used the Stardream Metallic Copper and the Discount Card Light Yellow for the leaves plus I inked these too. I then used a tag die with Curious Metallic Poison Ivory and a stamp to create the sentiment. Oh, and we can’t forget the ribbon!

I can’t say I’m looking forward to cooler weather but I recongize it’s time to drag out some warmer clothes. I think my card shares just the right amount of fall vibes for now. I hope you will save this to your Pinterest for future inspiration!

No comments :

Post a Comment